Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Trials and Tribulations

Wow...I have to say this Spring/Summer has been pretty tough...lots of crying and hard times...but I am starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel...FINALLY!

One great thing that has came out of everything that has happened is....I'M SHOWING HORSES AGAIN!!! :)  which is very exciting and nerve racking at the same time....I have two horses I'm showing right now...CHUCK  - big dummy (reminds me of our mastiffs) and I will be showing him this fall in Novice Amateur Hunter Under Saddle...which I haven't shown in since I was 12!!! Our big show together will be at the end of October at the Congress...keep your fingers crossed that we do well!
My second little pony is Miss Rosey (Rangy Cowgirl - I love her name!)...she is the cutest little roan you have ever seen! I have a special place in my heart for roans because my first "expensive" show horse was a red roan named Oh Goody Goody - hence why my license plate is OHGOODY.  Rosey and I will be showing in Amateur Western Pleasure and 3 yr old classes.

Rosey Posey and Danielle at the Congress last year...TOP 5 IN TWO YEAR OLDS! :)


Chuck at his first show in Lincoln - 2 points the first day!


I also wanted to added that we lost Chevy in July...it was so hard...she was a member of our family and one of those once in a lifetime dogs that you will never forget and never be able to replace. 



We are getting another little female for Blue though... he is so lonely and has been looking for Chevy for weeks...he needs a partner in crime....her name is Malibu and she will be meeting Blue Thursday afternoon.




Looking forward to the ISU game this weekend...big Labor Day weekend tailgating party....pics and blog about that to come! TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment