Friday, July 9, 2010

First Post EVER!

What to say, what to say, what to say...getting started with this whole blog thing is kind of tough! 

I guess I should say something about myself...I grew up in a small town called Baxter, IA (which I truly love) and then I went off to college in Ames, IA to Iowa State University.  I spent SIX years in Ames (and no I am not a doctor) I have two degrees, one in Fashion Merchandising (not currently using that major) and the second in Journalism and Public Relations. 

I had an absolutely horrible internship with a small public relations firm (I wasn't paid) and then after I graduated I land my current job which I completely love!  I work with social media outlets, newspaper ads and a television show!  It really is great!

Recently, I bought a house at the Harvester Golf Course near my hometown (Baxter) and it is a work in progress because now I am strapped for cash and broke.  So I have aways to go before I have all the furniture I need for it!  Colby, my boyfriend, lives with me and we have been together for almost 4 years.  He is wonderful and I don't know what I would do without him.  We just added another member to our nontraditional little family, he is a puppy Shiffon named Hugh.  We already had a Maltzy named Gracie but she need a brother so we got Hugh!

I am extremely excited for this upcoming weekend which is Baxter Fun Days.  It may not seem exciting to anyone but the townies but it will be a blast and I will be updating with the weekends events and photos!

It seems like my life right now is my best attempt at being an adult. Buying a house (very adult like) - washing paper towels with regular towels when we moved in (not so much). I have a lot of failed attempts and also a lot of successes. And this weekend I am going to try to be a successful adult and I know Saturday night at the Street Dance I will fail miserably!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment